Review of Cuisinart ICE-70 Electronic Ice Cream Maker featuring One-button operation, digital LCD time programming and auto shutoff and making ice cream in about 20 minutes.
- Cuisinart ICE-70 Electronic Ice Cream Maker
- Reviewed by: Dino B.
- Published on: April 23, 2015
- Last modified: August 21, 2015
- QualityEditor: 100%
- PriceEditor: 100%
- OverallEditor: 100%
I had an ice cream maker for many years but it finally broke down so I decided to replace it and after doing research I realized the best choice for me was the new Cuisinart model ICE-70 Electronic Ice Cream Maker. This new model is digital and it comes in brushed chrome which matches the rest of my stainless steel appliances and makes making delicious ice cream a breeze. Best of all it makes ice cream in 20 minutes and it is great if you have a party, you can make delicious desert and keep it in the freezer (make sure not to store it in the original Cuisinart bowl for more than 30 minutes).
Unlike my old ice cream machine that required ice and rock salt, this model has an insulated bowl that after freezing (usually you're supposed to freeze it 6 to 22 hours before making ice cream) you are ready to churn your ice cream in a neat and clean environment. After 20 minutes of churning the timer turns the machine off.
In fact not only you can make ice cream, but gelato, sorbet and frozen yogurt! It makes 2 quartz of ice cream at a time, you can get additional bowls and make more in a very short time it features a count-down timer and shuts off automatically. It has a 3 year manufacturer warranty.
The instructions are really easy to follow, you push two buttons and voila! you have ice cream in a short time. Both ice cream and gelato came out better than those I buy so I highly recommend this product for both ease of use as well as quality and not to forget that the price is pretty reasonable.Features: • Improved paddle with faster processing time
• Control panel with LCD screen and 3 settings with multiple speeds
• Countdown timer with auto shutoff
• Ingredient spout with integrated measuring cup
• Recipe book
Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- Makes about 7 cups
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1½ tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1. Use a hand mixer on low speed in a bowl to stir the milk, salt and sugar, until the sugar dissolves. Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.
2. Press the Ice Cream button and then the Start button. Pour the mixture through the spout and then cover it with the cap. Mix it until thickened to a soft, creamy texture.
You can vary this recipe by adding your favorite flavors to make variety of ice creams.