Review of Minoxidil 5% hair regrowth treatment stimulates hair growth in adult men and women with a certain type of baldness. Also known as Rogaine and available in 2% and 5% solution and or foam.
- Rated 5 stars
- Review of Rogaine - Minoxidil 5% Hair Regrowth Treatment
- Reviewed by: Minas H.
- Published on: October 23, 2014
- Last modified: May 24, 2020
- QualityEditor: 100%
- PriceEditor: 100%
- OverallEditor: 100%
Minoxidil 5% Solution is the generic or pharmaceutical name for a product brand that is known as Rogaine. Minoxidil is a antihypertensive vasodilator medication it was discovered that it is also useful for growing hair. It has been proven clinically to be effective in both the prevention of loss as well as re-growth of hair in males and females after use of about 3 to 6 months. For more information about the use of Minoxidil and any interactions or pre-cautions or side effect please refer to the following or consult with your doctor. This medicine is available without prescription and is available in liquid form as well as foam.
How to use Minoxidil topical solution:
- Hair and scalp should be completely dry before applying Minoxidil.
- Use amount prescribed with the applicator provided
- Avoid shampooing your hair for 4 hours after applying Minoxidil.
- Always wash your hands right after you apply Minoxidil in order to remove any medicine.
- Avoid using a hairdryer after you use Minoxidil solution to dry it. It might reduce its effectiveness.
- Let Minoxidil to completely dry for 2 to 4 hours
I have used it for many years and I can see hair growing in areas treated usually there might be a little itching as the dormant hair start growing and soon you’ll see short hair showing and starting to grow to give you fuller hair. I think you have to continue using it to keep the newly grown hair but I have reduced the frequency and see no loss in hair. I think given the alternatives for hair treatment this is probably one of the best choices least amount of effort or any discomfort helps revive your look, not to mention a boost to self-confidence. Always follow the instructions that come with the product. Be patient it takes a while to get going but once it does take effect you see results.
For topical solution dosage form: